Thursday, May 16, 2013

Big Bear to Wrightwood

This stretch went quicker than planned. I finally stopped forcing myself to slow down and covered the 100 miles in four days. As you can see below, this was not a very photogenic stretch either. The views were relatively boring most of the time so I don't have many pictures below. I do have some other updates though. I feel my senses becoming more acutely tuned to my environment with each day, particularly my hearing and sight. I pushed my body on this stretch and it's adapting well, I've somehow gained 7lb. My pack is feeling like less of a burden and more like an extension of my back. I assume this is just the natural progression of settling into a routine.




Big Bear Lake from the north side


Burnt tree


Baby rattler - I swear, last snake picture



They shoot their own signs



As we approach LA we're greeted by its smog blowing East. I've been told this will be with us for a while.

More smog

No comments:

Post a Comment