Thursday, May 16, 2013

Solar Cooking


Burritos cooking on top of my pack
 Since Big Bear to Wrightwood was a boring stretch in terms of scenery, I made life a bit more interesting with food preparation. It was very hot too, so I decided to use the sun to cook instead of my stove. I generally take an afternoon siesta, so at the end of it I prepared my dinner and strapped it on top of my pack. It absorbed all the heat for the rest of the afternoon and when I arrived at my camp site later it was ready to eat. My favorite was burritos, packed with cheese, refried beans, ramen, hot sauce, and an avocado I packed out of Big Bear. Curried cous cous with salmon and dried fruit was also a hit. I think I'll do this for the rest of the desert, it means I can carry less fuel too.

No comments:

Post a Comment