Monday, April 22, 2013

Cuben Fiber Stuff Sacks

Yama Mountain Gear specializes in lightweight shelter but the company also offers a few do-it-yourself kits, including a Cuben Fiber stuff sack kit. The kit contains a sheet of Cuben Fiber, transfer tape, drawcord, and cord locks and the website provides detailed directions. I waited until I had my gear finalized and last night I got into the kit. It was pretty easy and a half hour later I had a great stuff sack to store my clothing. No sewing necessary, the seams were all joined with transfer tape. Considering how expensive Cuben fiber products are this kit is a great deal. Below are some photos of the process:




The kit


The clothing


The soon to be stuff sack


Fold two of the corners


Attach draw cord


Top is done


Fold in half


Seal the bottom and the side


Stuff it!


Empty finished product

1 comment:

  1. Hey Noah! I just found your blog. Your first post was on many birthday... that's a good sign :-).
    I look forward to reading all about your journey.
    Stay safe and have fun!
    -- Eric Farnung (Caitlin's Dad)

    ReplyDelete