Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tehachapi to Kennedy Meadows

I sprinted out of Tehachapi with the hope of covering 85 miles in two and a half days. I wanted to get to Kernville to see a fellow hiker play cello and drink some beer at a brewery recommended by my trusty mechanic from Rochester, NY - Joe Ricci. He mentioned that brewery before I left and now I had a reason to go. I did 32 miles day one, 35 miles day two, and 17 miles before 10AM on day three to make the ride at Walker Pass. Those days were a blur and the scenery wasn't that great anyways. Kennedy Meadows is a big milestone though - the end of SoCal!

Sunrise over the Tehachapi wind farms


Joshua Trees!


Why do they shoot all the signs


Trail magic weekend at Walker Pas - I arrived after my sprint ready to collapse and was greeted with an ice cream sandwich. Yogi is on the right, she wrote the most famous guidebook on the PCT.


Me and Kernville Brewing Co. They released a double Citra IPA that weekend, I felt at home!


Baby bear - this one is an orphan it seems. It bluff charges people and is aggressive so it'll probably be killed soon unfortunately. I few hikers admitted to feeding it.




Kennedy Meadows General Store - this place is the happenin' part of town.




Hiker boxes - unwanted shoes and food for the taking.


Frisbee golf in the foothills of the Sierra.


No comments:

Post a Comment